Giro Explorer is an offline browser for Mijnpostbank.nl, the online
banking service for customers of the Postbank in The Netherlands.
With Mijnpostbank.nl, one can download a record of recent
transactions. Giro Explorer visualizes these records.
- Reads Girotel Online and Mijn Postbank CSV files.
- Visualize transactions in graphs and charts.
- Multi-lingual (currently dutch and english).
- Easy to run with
- Free (no nags, commercials or spyware).
- Open Source (?).
- Written in Java for platform-independence.
- Windows-users friendly:
- Responsive user interface thanks to SWT.
- Windows look and feel.
- Windows executable for launching the program.
- Preferences are stored in windows registry.
- Windows installer.
For now, only a win32 version is available. This should work on
Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It has not been tested on other
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
- Java 1.4 or higher. Get it here.
Giro Explorer is open source software. This means that the sourcecode
is freely available, and that anyone can use it for their own
purposes. Giro Explorer was also developed using only free, open source
tools, and makes use of some open source libraries. Tools and
So if you like this program, be grateful for the developers of the above for
their time and effort that made it possible to bring it to you for
- SWT, for the user-interface
- JFreeChart, for the
Utilities, for the CSV parsing.
- NullSoft Installer System (NSIS),
for the Windows installer.
- JSmooth, for the Windows
- UPX, for bringing down the
Windows executable and installer sizes.
- Eclipse, for the unbeatable
Java IDE and CVS client.
- Ant, for the automated
- The Gimp, for the
- VIM, for quick editing
- JEdit, mostly for its
awesome XML editing capabilities.
- FileZilla, for getting
this website online.